Saturday, July 4, 2015

Personal Story: Nancy


Nancy  was a 47 year old mom in a stable marriage with a loving supportive husband and three children.  She sought help for depression from a counselor who used a Christian Prayer Ministry called "Theophostic Prayer Ministry".  Trusting and excited her entire family became involved and she was hopeful.  After "digging deep" she found she had memories childhood sexual abuse by her parents.  A year later Nancy realized the memories were false and retracted the allegations against her parents.  After retracting her therapist became upset,  she lost her husband and then faced false accusations from her two oldest daughters.  Her family was destroyed.

=======================

My name is Nancy.


       As a 47 year old concerned mother of 3 , deeply wounded by therapy,  I write this letter because I was once an accuser as a result of these victim mentality therapies, then i became a retractor and broke free of the mind altering techniques involved and became a TRUE VICTIM who lost everything.

       This included my husband whom I lost to the therapist, and my only two daughters, who continue to believe the 'False Memories' of childhood sexual and ritual abuse arising from the unproven and unethical forms of therapy. My daughters have cut off all contact despite efforts on my part to reconnect. I know they have been advised by this therapist in conjunction with their father to cut off all communication.
       This Repressed Memory/
Theophostic Prayer Ministry used the following techniques on my family and me: guided imagery, reference to 'Body memories', hypnotic trances, suggestibility, heavy emphasis on 'abreaction', constant reinforcement of the fact that all the bizarre memories were true because the therapist had heard it all before, reference to 'alters or 'parts' (up to 20 different parts) and labeling me an SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse) victim before I even started the therapy based solely on the fact I had depression and Lupus SLE.
       There was absolutely no attempt to substantiate or corroborate any of the 'imaginings'.  Instead the therapist tried to drag up more and more bizarre visualizations to the point where I was totally out of touch with reality.In a place of severe mental breakdown and tried to commit suicide. Initially before breaking free from this dangerous therapy I was advised to cut off from all extended family (because they were supposedly the root cause of my pain) I was told to stop taking antidepressants and not to seek professional medical help.
       This is just a brief account of my true story.   I have spent the last three years in total agony and emotional pain because I become involved with a freelance so-called therapist
who practices a mishmash of repressed memory, body memory and Theophostic Ministry on her unwitting patients. Before meeting this middle aged, female, divorced, freelance therapist who was and still is (to my knowledge) operating a business and preying on people's vulnerability; I had a loving family and adoring compassionate husband, two beautiful daughters and one son.
       I had suffered from depression for many years. I met this woman in 2002, and was immediately labeled an SRA ( explained as Sexual Ritual Abuse) survivor. I then went through 18 months of intense and tortuous brainwashing therapy in which anything and everything was dragged up relating to sexual abuse by my father who died in 1989.
       I had previously had no memories of my childhood much earlier than 6 to 8 years of age. In fact I was quite sure I had had a normal happy childhood, but because of my present ailments this woman labeled me as an SRA victim and continued to pursue the root cause of my present day ailments.
       She followed all the same methods I have mentioned previously and used by many other such unethical counselors and eventually I became totally cut off from my extended family and indeed the real world. I did this only to please my husband who eventually was sucked into becoming involved with this woman and her dangerous therapy. He left me in September 2003 to support her and her dangerous therapy.
       In September 2003, my whole world fell apart, I became suicidal and took pills, I couldn't stand any more of the pressure placed on me by both the therapist and my now very different self obsessed and blameful husband who was consumed with hatred for my family. He left me and went on to continue to support the therapist. My daughters now 23 and 21 became involved in the same Repressed/Theophostic Therapy.
       They cut of all ties and to this
day (two long and painful years) will have no contact despite my desperate attempts to reconnect. I was left alone to battle through what I had been left me , which had once been my life and reason for living. My son is still with me he is 16 but now has developed severe emotional problems including OCD and eating disorder. These conditions were not present before my husband left me.
       The trauma had almost destroyed me and I was ready to end my life but I reached out to a registered Psychiatrist who has gradually bought me back to a place where I can at least function and work. I am a primary school teacher. I am still deeply and chronically depressed but this is controlled somewhat by antidepressant medication.
       My life is one of existence with out my daughters whom I love deeply and my husband who is under great deception and may even be delusional and in dire need of psychiatric help, which he refuses to have because this therapist will not allow it. She is very clever and manipulative and seems to have enormous power in being able to suck people in who are particularly vulnerable and are susceptible because of a deep need to feel the victim.
       She cleverly tapped into this need as well as her need to have some sort of ego trip in being able to control the outcomes of other people's lives. She used information against me from my initial therapy sessions to manipulate and put herself in a position where both my husband and her were in a codependent relationship.
       Neither of them could survive without communicating several times a day to each other and they got to the stage they were going away to motels and holiday houses to work on each other's healing. My husband and this counselor would not make any decisions without consulting each other. It was impossible to break in because they both remained unaccountable to anyone and kept telling me they only had to be accountable to God .
       It was almost sect and cult-like. My husband is a totally changed individual who was once a compassionate, unselfish and caring man of integrity. After getting involved with this therapist in 2002 his whole personality deteriorated to the point of withdrawal from his family and the whole situation. My husband and I no longer communicate because the hurt and the hatred that is exchanged is just to much to bear.
       She uses other practices such as 'body memory', massage along with guided visualization and aspects of the dangerous Theophostic Prayer Ministry of Ed Smith in the U.S.A. I really am very alone in all this and it has taken an enormous toll on both Andrew my son and I, healthwise.
       I feel I have nothing, it has all been taken from me and I am still reeling from the shock of the last three years (lost Years) still.
       Therapists, psychotherapists, counselors, church workers and psychologists all need to be held accountable for the damage they may have created as in my case. I have no money to fight this therapist in court but have very detailed accounts of the times I spent in therapy with her and have records of my husband's payments to her over a two year period. The total is quite enormous. And for What?

I was left a total mess with suicidal ideation and I lost everything that mattered to me,   MY FAMILY!


Thank you for your time


Nancy (a pseudo name)


Originally found at:
http://www.peterellis.org.nz/Mak/2006/02/2006-0205_Lewis_OpenLetter.htm

Archived at:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BySFS4U_XYX6bVg1T0pVckh5QWM/view?usp=sharing


Actual Person
Narelle Lewis   nlewis31@hotmail.com
111 Ryhill Rd 
Sunnybank Hills, Queensland 4109

Australia

NOTE: This retraction is a rare example of integrity and courage. Many live with the false memories their entire lives and rob their children of grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.  Often they lose contact at a time when the children most benefit from that contact.
     Often due to shame and fear tragic family breakups caused by pseudo memories go unreported. Pseudo memories are false memories often called "repressed memories" by the uninformed. TPM is focused on creating these false memories. This "Prayer Ministry" explicitly relies on what psychologists, counseling professionals and experts know will CREATE false memories. A variety of methods associated with "Recovered Memory Therapy" (abbreviated RMT) are used heavily.

Conclusion of extensive Examination and Study:
     "Although quick and permanent results are promised by this (TPM) approach, it also holds the potential for irreparable damage to relationships and families by unearthing of allegedly buried memories of the past sins of others. All that glitters is not gold, and all that claims to be "light" is not necessarily God's light. The theophostic approach does not withstand scrutiny under the searchlight of God's eternal Word."
      Found 7/16/2016 at http://www.christiandiscernment.com/Christian%20Discernment/CD%20PDF/Book%20pdf/31%20Theophostic%20Theology%20FINAL%20PAPER.pdf

Learn more about

NOTE: This retraction is a rare example of integrity and courage. Many live with the false memories their entire lives and rob their children of grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.  Losing contact at a time when the children most benefit from that contact.

======================================================================
========================================
WARNING
  If you are seeking help for personal struggles and a therapist, counselor or friend says that "recovering childhood memories can help you get better" then IMMEDIATELY get up from your chair (or off the couch), run to the door, open it and flee. Hundreds of thousands have lost families, years of productive living and squandered immense wealth with tragedy inducing therapy that produces horrid false memories, splinters families, isolates the client and is documented to cause decline in mental health.
======================================================================















Grace and I while visiting family in New England







No comments:

Post a Comment