Wednesday, December 2, 2015

HARMFUL MINISTRY: Client Invents Non-Existent Memories to Explain Pain

Client of Theophostic Prayer Ministry
       "I have a friend who is a professional psychiatrist and has been using Theophostic Prayer Ministry for over five years.  He took me through the Theophostic Prayer Ministry technique when I was enduring extreme pain.  
       It proved to be fibromyalgia, not a psychological disorder, but he tried to convince me otherwise and "cure" me. 
       At best, I wasted my time with him.   At worst, he forced me to invent non-existent things from my past in order to cleanse me and relieve me of non-existent psychological pain.
     My own opinion is that, at best, it is worthless, and, at worst, it can mislead sincerely hurting people such as myself."

NOTE:
       The above account would be humorous and laughable if this ministry was not so damaging to the more vulnerable.  This account depicts a uniquely highly qualified professional, credentialed, trained and experienced in the use of Theophostic Prayer Ministry.  The client notes that the ministry had him creating memories of things that never happened.  
       In this case the ending is not so tragic but it is quite revealing.  The use of "repressed memories" is fraudulent even if the author of the program thinks, personally that "repressed memories" are a "fact".

     Found 7/16/2016 at http://www.christianforums.com/threads/theophostic-counseling.7539827/#post-56892161

 Often due to shame and fear tragic family breakups caused by pseudo memories go unreported. Pseudo memories are false memories often called "repressed memories" by the uninformed, incompetent or deceptive practitioner.   TPM is focused on creating these false memories. This "Prayer Ministry" explicitly relies on what psychologists, counseling professionals and experts know will CREATE false memories. A variety of methods associated with "Recovered Memory Therapy" (abbreviated RMT) are used heavily.

Learn more about:
THEOPHOSTIC PRAYER MINISTRY

Some Summaries on Prayer Ministry that Harms:
  Lying Spirits (online book)
  Theophostic Theology (online book)
  TheoPhostic: Divine or What?  (brief article)

====================================================




No comments:

Post a Comment