Monday, June 8, 2015

Personal Experience: Hope for Grace

        The wonderful letter below was given to us by Grace after we visited the previous summer (2014).
       She had not yet developed the horrid "repressed memories"  (factually false memories) while in postpartum depression, medicated with antidepressants and using "memory recovery techniques."   A previously unknown new friend, Juanita Anspach, said a therapist was "helped in getting the repressed memories."   Insured and competent counselors now avoid discredited "memory recovery therapy" (insurance companies refuse to cover any therapist using this technique).  Grace was both "medicated" and in a "blackout" (according to her own published accounts) when the horrid false memories came to exist.  We will always hope for truth to prevail.
======================================================
Here is a letter from her father.....
My Dearest Grace,
    I never took the opportunity to answer your wonderful heartfelt letter of thanks for our stay in Walla Walla in the summer of 2014.  Our discomfort and hardships was worth it (for both our families).   Your mother and I actually had fun staying in our camper trailer!
    Your appreciation and gratitude was so thoughtful that tears welled up as I read your wonderful words.  Thank you for your gratitude.
    I was uncomfortable with your sharing about shame.  This caused me to think that you did not know that I had already forgiven you.  I am so sorry if I did not make this clear.  Your wrongs are thrown as far as the east is from the west when you ask forgiveness.  In fact you have given me so much to be happy about.  You welcomed life in every situation in spite of the message of the culture that surrounds us.   You have made decisions time and time again that have brought me tears of joy.  What a wonderful and courageous daughter, totally unafraid of truth.  I love you and your Father in heaven loves you even more.
    If you are willing then we are very hopeful!  I can guarantee that after the impact of medications and the untruths fade (or are by some miracle overcome by your desire for truth) we will always be very eager to establish contact with you and your family.  I never wished to be separated from you even in the darkest hours of this current discomfort.  I await your call and contact because I trust you so deeply and am confident that you will awaken.  You are awesome and so resilient!
     I and your mother will forever await your return because we know how good you truly are.  Most of all know that none of the present discomforts will ever prevent me or your mother from caring, loving and waiting for you. You can call me, write me or visit our home anytime or have us come visit.  You are never too far away!
    We are always a phone call, chat session or email away.  We would welcome you any time.  We are ready to have you and your family come visit us or for us to visit you.
    I continue to pray for you and I love you and your family.
With Great Love,
    Your Dad


Our communication with Grace on her birthday immediately prior to treatment in Walla Walla, Washington:

No comments:

Post a Comment